Castleford Academy Trust comprises of a group of academies committed to “working together to achieve excellence for all”. Each academy within the trust is oversubscribed. Based on our core values of “Care” “Aspire” and “Succeed”, we are extremely proud of our academic record and the quality of education we provide. At Castleford Academy Trust we value staff development at all levels. We are recognised for growing our own leaders through talent management, succession planning and tailored continuing professional development.
1 year contract in the first instance
To Start ASAP
To sustain future growth across the Multi Academy Trust we have an opportunity for an ICT Apprentice to join the ICT department based at Castleford Academy. You will work with the existing team in order to ensure that the ICT department deliver a seamless service to the Academy(s).
Your role will include but not be limited to:
• Being the first point of contact in the maintenance and repair of IT / Hardware software / AV equipment.
• Supporting the ICT Team in the day to day running of the department including manning the ICT helpdesk.
• Working with colleagues to understand the nature of reported faults, where possible implementing solutions on site.
• Assisting with system upgrades and/or setting up of new devices.
• Logging faults on to the in-house fault database.
• Commited to attending college on the required bases (regularity dependent on course) and carry out all the work necessary in order to complete the course to your full potential.
We would love to hear from you if you are:
• A good communicator with excellent inter-personal skills.
• Able to work under pressure.
• Able to prioritise tasks effectively.
• Flexible and hardworking with a desire to learn.
• Able to liaise with staff and pupils, face-to-face, through the Helpdesk by phone calls/messaging systems.
• Committed to undertaking the Apprenticeship Course for the full term and actively participate in the training provided by both the Academy and our training provider.
• Have an ability to build positive relationships with pupils, parents, staff, governors and trustees.
• Are committed to the vision and values of Castleford Academy Trust.
We can offer you:
• Excellent professional development opportunities.
• Nationally recognised qualifications
• Opportunities to work across the MAT.
• Enthusiastic colleagues who will be keen to work with you.
Castleford Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and we expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. For all positions at Castleford Academy you are required to complete a Disclosure Barring Service (DBS) Enhanced check prior to appointment.
For more information on the role, our school or how to apply for this position please visit www.keytraining.co.uk/live-jobs or call 0113 3671 270.