Part Time Afternoon Teaching Assistant
Castleford Park Junior Academy is part of the Castleford Academy Trust. We provide a dedicated team of professionals to deliver the best education for 379 7-11 year old pupils for the Castleford community. We are committed to establishing excellent standards and have set our expectations high.
9.2 hours per week (Term Time Only)
TA (1:45pm - 3:05pm) Mon - Thurs
Teaching Assistant Grade 4 SCP 14 – 17, £16,481 to £17,547 FTE
Actual Salary £3,418 - £3,640
Temporary Contract for 12 month
We have an exciting opportunity for a Teaching Assistant to join our Academy. We are seeking to appoint a Teaching Assistant to attend to pupils' learning and personal needs and to provide support in mentoring specifically allocated disadvantaged pupils to improve their progress.
You will be:
- Educated to GCSE standard with a minimum of grades A*-C in Maths and English or equivalent. i.e. NVQ level 2 or similar.
- Able to demonstrate excellent numeracy and literacy standards.
- Able to work with children of a varying age and multitask across a range of administration disciplines with the ability to prioritise, demonstrating experience of work in this field
- Able to work as part of a team and on own initiative measuring the impact of your actions and how to develop this further to support individuals, or small groups of children
- A competent user of ICT.
- Willing to partake in regular after school continued professional development.
- Work as part of a classroom and year group team in order to ensure its smooth running and accelerate the progress of the pupils you are assigned to
- Become familiar with and utilise a range of classroom strategies and diagnostic assessments to aid learning.
- Be able to evidence the impact of your intervention through baseline and end testing and work produced by the pupils you will work with
- Support pupil learning, attend to pupils' personal needs and provide general support in managing pupils in the classroom
- Provide feedback to teachers after planned activities that reflect on the achievement of the children you have worked with
- Work in small groups, or 1-1 with specific children in order to help them progress in their learning
- Ensure all misbehaviour is reported using the Academy procedure and no misbehaviour goes unchallenged.
- Report any potential child protection issues through to the child protection officer without delay.
- Support the Academy in ensuring the safety and welfare of all pupils.
We pride ourselves on being an inclusive Academy Trust and therefore welcome applications from all sectors, including those who do not have an education background.
Castleford Park Junior Academy is committed to the safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and we expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. For all positions at Castleford Park Junior Academy you are required to complete a Disclosure Barring Service (DBS) Enhanced check prior to appointment
We welcome the opportunity for visitors to come and have a look around. If you think this is the sort of school you would like to be part of and would like to visit us to see for yourself, please contact Mrs Avril Smith, School Business Manager on 01977 518959 to arrange a suitable time.
For more information about our school or to apply for the role, please visit www.castlefordacademy.com
Closing date for applications is Tuesday 21st February with interviews taking place on Friday 24th February
Completed application forms should be returned to firstname.lastname@example.org