Catering Assistant - Term Time only
Castleford Academy is an 11-19 over subscribed, successful mixed comprehensive of over 1,250 pupils offering a broad and balanced curriculum. We are firmly committed to establishing first class standards and are proud of our achievements. Our expectations are high and this is reflected in our very successful academic record. The Academy was inspected in September 2014 and was judged ‘Good.’
Leaders challenge and support all stakeholders to achieve outstanding outcomes for all pupils across the MAT. We value and develop our staff by attracting and retaining high quality teachers, supporting them to achieve their best and create opportunities for professional growth and development.
12.15pm – 2.15pm
10 hrs per week Mon to Fri
Actual Salary £3,802 - £3,921
We are looking for someone who can, under the direction/instruction of the Kitchen Manager, support the kitchen team in providing a high quality food service which meets specified food hygiene standards.
Your catering role will include:
• Serving using the cashless till system, ensuring the area is kept clean at all times.
• Communicating effectively with staff and pupils at the school to ensure a quality service is maintained.
• Supporting the cleanliness and hygiene standards within the food hall and seating area.
• Adhering to the requirements of Level 2 award in Food safety and Hygiene at all times (training will be provided).
• Maintaining high standards of food hygiene in the kitchen in accordance with domestic and catering standards.
• A willingness to be involved in food preparation on a relief basis.
Castleford Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and we expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. For all positions at Castleford Academy you are required to complete a Disclosure Barring Service (DBS) Enhanced check prior to appointment.
To download an application form please visit www.castlefordacademy.com or collect one from the school reception. For further information please telephone Miss Ellis Betteridge, HR on 01977 605075. Completed applications should be addressed to Mr George Panayiotou, Headteacher at the school address or via email to email@example.com. Apply within for an immediate start.