One to One Behaviour Support Assistant
Three Lane Ends Academy is part of the Castleford Multi-Academy Trust. We provide a dedicated team of professionals to deliver the best education for over four hundred 3-11 year old pupils for the Castleford
community. We are committed to establishing excellent standards and have set expectations high.
Temporary until July 2017 in the first instance.
27.5 hours per week, term time only, Required 8 May 2017
We have an exciting opportunity for a Teaching Assistant to join our Academy. Our school is seeking to appoint a Teaching Assistant to support pupils' learning, to attend to pupils' personal needs and to provide general support in managing pupils and the classroom.
• Build a constructive working relationship with identified pupil
• Assist the class teacher in delivering the curriculum to ide
• Ensure appropriate work is planned for the pupil who may need to work out of the main classroom
• Manage unplanned situations whereby the pupil needs to be removed from class immediately following aserious incident
• Work with other staff and at times be involved in liaising with appropriate agencies for the identified pupil when significant improvement in behaviour is not shown
• Assist the class teacher in the development of behavioural plans and provide detailed feedback on pupiln progress
• Work as part of a classroom and year group team in order to ensure its smooth running and accelerate the progress of the pupils you are assigned to
• Become familiar with and utilise a range of classroom strategies and diagnostic assessments to aid learning.
• Support pupil learning, attend to pupils' personal needs and provide general support in managing pupils in the classroom
• Provide feedback to teachers after planned activities that reflect on the achievement of the children you have worked with
• Work in small groups, or 1-1 with specific children in order to help them progress in their learning
• Ensure all misbehaviour is reported using the Academy procedure and no misbehaviour goes unchallenged.
• Report any potential child protection issues through to the child protection officer without delay.
• Support the Academy in ensuring the safety and welfare of all pupils.
We pride ourselves on being an inclusive Academy Trust and therefore welcome applications from all sectors, including those who do not have an education background.
Three Lane Ends Academy is committed to the safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young
people and we expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. For all positions at Three Lane Ends
Academy you are required to complete a Disclosure Barring Service (DBS) Enhanced check prior to
We welcome the opportunity for visitors to come and have a look around.
If you think this is the sort of school you would like to be part of and would like to visit us to see for
yourself, please contact Mrs Jacqueline Ingle, School Business Manager, on 01977 524483 to arrange a
Closing date for applications is 12 noon on Friday 7 April 2017
with interviews taking place on Tuesday 25 April 2017.