Teacher of Computing
Castleford Academy is an 11-19, over-subscribed, successful mixed comprehensive of over 1,250 pupils offering a broad and balanced curriculum. We are firmly committed to establishing first class standards and are proud of our achievements. Our expectations are high and this is reflected in our very successful academic record. The Academy was inspected in September 2014 and was judged 'Good.'
Leaders challenge and support all stakeholders to achieve outstanding outcomes for all pupils across the MAT. We value and develop our staff by attracting and retaining high quality staff, supporting staff to achieve their best and create opportunities for professional growth and development
MPS - UPS
To Start September 2017
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic, dynamic, motivated and able Computing teacher to join our forward thinking Computing department.
The role will support a very successful computing department who achieve outstanding results.
Last year, 94% of pupils gained A*-C grades in their GCSE ICT qualification with 29% gaining A*&A grades. 94% of pupils made 3 levels of progress and 59% made 4 levels.
Our CiDA (Level 2) pupils achieved 100% A*-C grades with 23% gaining A*&A grades. 94% of pupils made 3 levels of progress and 84% made 4 levels
We are looking for an exceptional teacher who will work with the existing team in order to engage with learners to develop their knowledge in both Key Stage 3 and Key Stage 4.
You will be:
- A qualified QTS teacher.
- Able to inspire pupils of all abilities within Computing to achieve their highest potential across the Key Stage 3 & 4 curriculum.
- Committed to delivering consistently outstanding teaching and have the ability to share your practice with others in a constructive and collaborative manner.
- A strong team player, with drive and ambition.
- An outstanding practitioner
- An inspirational, dedicated and motivated individual.
- Passionate about the education of young people.
- Passionate about Computing and Computer Science.
- Committed to Castleford Academy values.
- Committed to achieving the best for every pupil.
- Supportive of the Academy's ethos and values at all times both within the Academy and the wider community.
- Committed to inspiring pupils and staff in the development of teaching initiatives and strategies, promoting 'Computing' as a subject.
- Able to make an active contribution to the wider part of Academy life.
This post would be suitable for an outstanding NQT who is looking for an excellent starting ground within a highly supportive environment or an established teacher seeking to further develop their career within an existing highly successful team.
Castleford Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and we expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. For all positions at Castleford Academy you are required to complete a Disclosure Barring Service (DBS) Enhanced check prior to appointment.
If you are interested in this role now or in the future, please contact Mrs Gemma Scothern, HR Officer to arrange a visit.
Application forms can be downloaded from our website. Completed applications should be addressed to Mr George Panayiotou, Headteacher at the school address or via email to email@example.com.
Providing suitable interest, the closing date for applications is Friday 24th February with interviews taking place the following week.
For further information on the school, the role and 'how to apply' please visit www.castlefordacademy.com or telephone Mrs Gemma Scothern, HR Officer on 01977 605065.