Glasshoughton Infant Academy is part of the Castleford Academy Trust. We provide a dedicated team of professionals to deliver the best education for over two hundred 3-7 year old pupils for the Castleford community. We are committed to establishing excellent standards and have set our expectations high.
15 Hours per week TERM TIME ONLY Mon - Fri 12:45pm - 3:45pm
Grade 3 SCP 10 - 13. £15,238 to £16,191 FTE
Actual Salary £5,154 to £5,476
Temporary Contract until July 2017
We have an exciting opportunity for an Administration Assistant to join our Academy. We are looking for an enthusiastic and motivated individual who is prepared to work flexibly in a high profile and demanding environment, often working to tight deadlines. Applicants should be educated to NVQ2 or equivalent and/or have experience undertaking administrative duties in an office environment.
- Provide a welcoming and effective reception environment.
- Undertake general reception duties, meet and greet visitors, issue visitors badges and inform staff of visitor arrivals.
- Distribute deliveries to relevant staff members.
- Type correspondence / newsletters.
- Respond to enquiries from both parents and staff providing general school information.
- Maintain computer-based pupil records (SIMS) and profiles for year groups.
- Ensure procedures, including Safeguarding and Health and Safety, are adhered to.
- Assisting in arrangements for managing attendance of pupils and pupil first aid/welfare duties.
You will be:
- Educated to GCSE standard with a minimum of grades A*-C in Maths and English or equivalent. i.e. NVQ level 2 or similar.
- Able to demonstrate excellent numeracy and literacy skills.
- Able to multitask across a range of administration disciplines with the ability to prioritise.
- Able to work as part of a team and on own initiative.
- A competent user of ICT, in particular in the use of Microsoft Office.
- Willing to partake in continued professional development.
We pride ourselves on being an inclusive Academy Trust and therefore welcome applications from all sectors, including those who do not have an education background.
Glasshoughton Infant Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and we expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. For all positions at Glasshoughton Infant Academy you are required to complete a Disclosure Barring Service (DBS) Enhanced check prior to appointment.
We welcome the opportunity for visitors to come and have a look around. If you think this is the sort of school you would like to be part of and would like to visit us to see for yourself, please contact Mrs Avril Smith, School Business Manager on 01977 516343 to arrange a suitable time.
For more information about our school or to apply for the role, please visit www.castlefordacademy.com
Closing date for applications is Tuesday 7th February 2017 with interviews being held w/c 20th February 2017.