Behaviour Support Assistant
Three Lane Ends Academy is part of the Castleford Multi-Academy Trust. We provide a dedicated team of professionals to deliver the best education for over four hundred 3-11 year old pupils for the Castleford community. We are committed to establishing excellent standards and have set expectations high.
Temporary Contract until July 2017, in the first instance, funding dependant
27.5hrs per week, term time only, Required 24th April 2017
The Governors of our caring and friendly school wish to appoint a Behaviour Support Assistant in order to support pupils with challenging behaviour. This role will be challenging but very rewarding.
The successful candidate will work with existing staff to provide additional support for those children who may not be able, at any given time, to access the normal school curriculum due to behavioural problems.
- Build constructive working relationships with identified pupils
- Ensure appropriate work is planned for pupils who may need to work out of the main classroom
- Manage unplanned situations whereby a student needs to be removed from class immediately following a serious incident
- Work with other staff and at times be involved in liaising with appropriate agencies for pupils when significant improvement in behaviour is not shown
- Assist the class teacher in the development of behavioural plans
You will be:
- Educated to Level 2 Literacy or willing to work towards with good numeracy/literacy skills
- Experienced in working with primary aged children with additional needs
- Be trained in 'Team Teach' or willingness to be trained
- Flexible and adaptable to a range of tasks/situations, some of which may be stressful
- An excellent role model to young people and for staff
- Willing to partake in continued professional development.
We pride ourselves on being an inclusive Academy Trust and therefore welcome applications from all sectors, including those who do not have an education background.
Three Lane Ends Academy is committed to the safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and we expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. For all positions at Three Lane Ends Academy you are required to complete a Disclosure Barring Service (DBS) Enhanced check prior to appointment.
We welcome the opportunity for visitors to come and have a look around.
If you think this is the sort of school you would like to be part of and would like to visit us to see for yourself, please contact Mrs Jacqueline Ingle, School Business Manager, on 01977 524483 to arrange a suitable time.
Closing date for applications is Friday 31 March 2017
with interviews taking place on Wednesday 5 April 2017.